public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:52 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: good classes
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 7:35 am 

Hello everyone!<BR>I will be attending Cambridge come October and it will be my first time in the UK. I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good places to take ballet class in London or nearby areas. Any information would be greatly appreciated, as I am really looking foward to continuing studying ballet in the UK.

Post subject: Re: good classes
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 11:29 am 

I think there are posts elsewhere on this board (or on ballet.co.uk) on this subject. Unfortunately the quality and availability of open classes in London is not very good (at least compared to most US cities and other places I've taken class in Europe). You might want to check out Danceworks, Pineapple and Urdang, all in central London. There are some good teachers giving class, but classes tend to be in crampped studios with poor equipment (floors, in particular). Do post if you find a place you like. And have fun at Cambridge! Beautiful place.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 12:35 pm 

Hi dancingfan! Do you know where you will be staying in London? People may be able to tell you which of the Studios would be most convenient for you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 1:17 pm 

I would have suggested Pineapple and Danceworks as starting points. Letting us know where you will be lliving and also the sort of level you have reached would perhaps enable us to think of some more specific places you could try.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]