public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: RB junior dancer dream casts
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 1:25 pm 

A little while ago we came up with a 'wish list' for the next RB season and I think it would be good fun to do something similar with our casting dreams.<P>Which RB dancer below Principal level would you like to see have a go at which major role?<P>Here are some ideas from me to start with:<P>Ricardo Cervera<BR>(Solor/La Baydere, Basilo/Don Q, Oberon/The Dream, Onegin/Onegin, Romeo/R&J)<P>Laura Morera<BR>(Juliet/R&J, Tatjana/Onegin, Kitri/Don Q, Firebird/The Firebird)<P>Hubert Essakow<BR>(DeGrieux/Manon, Baliev/A Month in the Country, Lensky/Onegin, Albrecht/Giselle,<BR>Colas/La Fille mal gardee)<P>Vanessa Palmer<BR>(Lise/La Fille mal gardee)<P>Jenny Tattersal<BR>(Titania/The Dream, The mad Ballerina/The Concert, Lise/La Fille mal gardee)<P>Mara Galeazzi<BR>(Manon/Manon, Odette-Odile/Swan Lake)<P>Marianela Nunez<BR>(Manon/Manon, Aurora/Sleeping Beauty, Firebird/The Firebird)<P>Martin Harvey<BR>(Romeo/R&J, Siegfrid/Swan Lake)<P>Bennet Gartside<BR>(Ivan/The Firebird, Husband/The Concert)<P>Edward Watson<BR>(Onegin/Onegin, Romeo/R&J, Siegfried/Swan Lake)<P>Jamie Tapper<BR>(Odette-Odile/Swan Lake, Juliet/R&J)<P>Ivan Putrov<BR>(I get the feeling I won't have to be wishing for him if things continue to develop as they do at the moment)<P>I better stop for the moment. Anyone else<BR>dreaming?

Post subject: Re: RB junior dancer dream casts
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 12:38 am 

Oh wow, what a great thread Odile GB! Let's see...<P>Ricardo Cervera <BR>Most definitely Romeo and Oberon. He dances so fast and so beautifully, anything by Ashton will do me. Beliaev in Month in the Country is at the top of my list too.<P>Marianela Nunez<BR>I'd actually love to see her Juliet, Giselle or Manon. She's been cast in some really strong secondary roles like Gamzatti (and was cast as Myrthe I think before bowing out). I would love to see her go the other way, see how far she can stretch in some very emotionally demanding roles. Sleeping Beauty definitely, and Odile/Odette as well. I imgaine she'd make an excellent Firebird as well. I missed her Kitri - desperately want to see that. I'd like to see her Carmen (Ek or Petit) as well! I'm curious if she'll ever be given a chance in Ashton's work - how about Vera in Month in the Country?<P>Martin Harvey<BR>Romeo maybe. I'm still deciding on Martin. I love his dancing and he has great personality on stage.<P>Edward Watson<BR>Romeo definitely (obviously I don't think there are enough performances this year Image ). Purely on the basis of seeing him rehearse the balcony pdd with Natasha Oughtred and wanting to see the two of them dance it for real.<P>And speaking of other Juliets, Belinda Hatley, Gillan Revie, Jamie Tapper please!<P>I'll have to think of other ballets and roles later. I seem to have R&J on the brain at the moment.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: RB junior dancer dream casts
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 12:04 pm 

Sylvia, I agree about your suggestions for Juliet. As for Nunez I consider myself lucky to have seen her as Kitri. She has the right temperament and really made the role her own.<BR>She should have the opportunity to really develop in both directions so hopefully Juliet will come for her too sooner or later.<P>I have more and more ideas coming into my head:<P>Johannes Stepanek<BR>(Colas/La Fille mal gardee)<P>Ricardo Cervera, Edward Watson<BR>(Messenger of Death/Song of the Earth)<P>Mara Galeazzi and Jamie Tapper<BR>(The Woman/ Song of the Earth)<P>Ivan Putrov, Hubert Essakow, Johannes Stepanek<BR>(The Man/Song of the Earth)<P>

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]