public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:30 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: A Little Night Music
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 2:25 pm 

OK second plug of the year for me. I am appearing in the following production:

A Little Night Music by Stephen Sondheim
Charles Cryer Theatre, High Street, Carshalton, Surrey
Tues 15th - Sat 19th October evenings 7.45p.m., Saturday matinee - 2.30p.m.
Tickets £9 and £7.50 concessions

I am playing Anne an 18 year old (stop chuckling), virgin wife who runs off with her stepson! It is the most challenging part vocally that I have encountered but it is beautiful music to sing. It has also been fun teaching the cast to waltz as all of the score is in 3/4.

The cast yet again are pulling out all the stops rehearsing like mad whilst holding down ordinary day jobs.

It would be great to see any of you there. If you would like tickets you can either contact the theatre direct on 020 8770 4950 or just e-mail me joanne@willowdance.co.uk and I can organise tickets.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: A Little Night Music
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 3:44 pm 

I can only confirm Jo's comments, this show will be a cracker due to the hard work and effort being put in by all concerned. I am playing Count Carl Magnus a man who for many reasons is not the kind of man any modern women would want around. Still come and see the results of our hard work in October (See Jo's note)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 7:59 am 

Thanks Mark for posting. I think the interesting thing about the production is that none of the people are really in the right relationships and the fact that it is set in turn of the 19th/20th Century Sweden really doesn't seem the dampen the relevance of the issues brought about in the relationships.

As all the shennanigans of the various liasons take place Sondheim has cleverly used 3/4 as a constant rhythm throughout - like a heartbeat that changes in pace and tone depending on the productions developments. It is a very interesting piece and in places is extremely funny.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 9:52 am 

I am playing the role of Frederick Egerman (the lawyer) and would echo Joanne and Mark's comments. It's a hugely challenging show with tricky lyrics, but like most of Sondheim's work the deeper you get into it - the more you appreciate the nuances. It has a refreshing blend of comedy and relationship issues at many levels. The songs are also catchy - and it includes the famous Send In The Clowns. Please support us if you can. Thanks.
:roll:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:02 pm 

We now have a web page dedicated to our production so take a look and see some lovely photos of me.

http://www.1-1.co.uk/mayhem.htm

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]