public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Barry Alterman-General Director, Mark Morris Dance Group
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 8:50 am 

<B>Possessed by the Idea of Presenting Mark Morris</B><BR>Article in the NY Times By Laura Leivick<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><BR>Safely offstage, Mr. Alterman is the company's general director. Mr. Morris said that one reason for his company's success, "aside from my own work, is how that work is presented and answered for, and that's Barry."<P>"Barry meets people that I don't meet, he knows producers that I've met and maybe can't even remember the names of, and he's on the phone with them all the time, encouraging, cajoling."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><A HREF="http://www.nytimes.com/2002/02/03/arts/dance/03LEIV.html?pagewanted=1" TARGET=_blank><B>click for more</B></A><BR>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Barry Alterman-General Director, Mark Morris Dance Group
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 1:39 pm 

I found this article amusing and informative. It seems that MR. Alterman is the ideal person to represent Mr. MOrris...quirky and funny. Also, I didnt' realize how much 9/11 events affected the touring lives of dance companies...wow! Even the successful ones are facing such difficulties.

Profile E-mail