public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rambert appointment
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2001 3:09 am 

At Rambert Dance Company Sue Wyatt has been appointed Executive Director. The previous job holder, Christopher Nourse, is taking up a similar post at English National Ballet.<P>I'm told by those who have worked with her that Sue has a fine record with her previous companies. Christopher has done a fine job at Rambert and has been unfailingly helpful to many over his years there. We wish them both all the best in their key roles in two of the most important dance companies in the UK. <P>Here is the full press release: <P><B>RAMBERT ANNOUNCES NEW EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR</B><P><BR>As it prepares for its 75th Anniversary Season at Sadler's Wells, Rambert Dance Company announces the appointment of SUE WYATT as EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR. Sue Wyatt takes up her position in July; she replaces Christopher Nourse, who becomes Managing Director of English National Ballet later this month. Sue will work alongside PRUDENCE SKENE (Chairman) and CHRISTOPHER BRUCE (Artistic Director).<P>Sue Wyatt is currently General Manager of The Cholmondeleys and The Featherstonehaughs dance companies, having held that post since 1995. Sue was formerly Head of Combined Arts and Planning for East Midlands Arts Board and also held positions with the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham and the Young Vic Theatre.<P>Commenting on her appointment, Sue Wyatt said 'I have long admired Rambert's work and am delighted to be joining the Company, particularly in its 75th anniversary year, and when future plans so clearly demonstrate its commitment to strategic expertise and artistic excellence. I look forward very much to working with Prue Skene, Christopher Bruce and Rambert's staff and dancers.'<P>Rambert's Artistic Director, Christopher Bruce, commented 'It is with great pleasure that I welcome Sue to the crucial position of Executive Director with Rambert. We have been extremely fortunate to have attracted her to the Company and I very much look forward to working with her.'<P>In welcoming Sue Wyatt to Rambert, the Company's Chairman, Prudence Skene, said 'Both dance in general and Rambert in particular, as we face the challenges and opportunities of the Arts Council's Stabilisation programme, need good and strong leadership; we are delighted to have found this in Sue Wyatt. I have every confidence that, with Christopher Bruce, Sue is going to take the Company forward. I would like to wish Christopher Nourse every success in his new role at English National Ballet, and to thank him for his substantial contribution to the Company over the last four years.<P>Rambert Dance Company's 75th Anniversary Season at Sadler's Wells comprises two celebratory mixed programmes presented from 12 to 23 June.<P>

Profile E-mail