public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:21 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ballet West Announces New Executive Director
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:28 pm 

BALLET WEST ANNOUNCES NEW EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – July 9, 2013 – Ballet West is pleased to announce the appointment of Scott Altman as the company’s new Executive Director. Altman joins the ballet the first week in August and brings with him nearly three decades of experience in the performing arts and non-profit arts administration.

Altman is the former General Director of the Phoenix-based Arizona Opera where, under his leadership, the company experienced an unprecedented patron growth and expanded audience development. He also oversaw the design and construction of a new Opera Center in central Phoenix and successfully consolidated operations into one city.
“Scott brings to Ballet West outstanding skills and a proven track record in non-profit management and fundraising, “ said Victor Rickman, Ballet West Board Chairman. “He is an excellent communicator who will provide leadership at every level of the organization. We are pleased to welcome him to the Ballet West family.”

Altman’s professional activities, association and community activities include, among many others, serving as Regional and District Adjudicator for the Metropolitan Opera National Council, The University of Arizona Presidents Competition, and the Dallas Opera Competition. Altman is also the Recipient of the New Jersey State Council on the Arts Citation of Excellence for 2007, 2008 and 2009. After receiving a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the State University College at Purchase in Purchase, New York, Altman went on to complete his Master of Music degree at Manhattan School of Music in New York.

“It is with great pleasure that I welcome Scott into the Ballet West family,” said Artistic Director Adam Sklute. “Of all the wonderful and highly qualified candidates I had the pleasure of meeting, it was clear that Scott was ultimately the best person for the job. He and I share a broad long-range vision, and he immediately understood the scope of what I wish to attain for Ballet West. I am excited to work side by side with him as we move the company into the future.”

“I am thrilled to join the Ballet West family, and together with my wife and children look forward to making the beautiful city of Salt Lake our home” said Altman. “ Ballet West is surrounded by a world class Board of Directors, international level artistic leadership under Adam Sklute, a dedicated staff and a community that treasures its artistic and cultural institutions. With the 50th Anniversary Season and an imminent new facility in its future, I anticipate new heights for the Company and am proud to bring my experience in the classical arts to the Ballet West team. ”

Ballet West’s Executive Search Committee engaged the Los Angeles-based firm Michelle Whiting & Associates (MWA) to assist the company in its Executive Director search process. MWA is an accomplished nonprofit consulting group whose comprehensive chief executive and chief development officer recruitment efforts have resulted in successful leadership placement at over 35 organizations throughout the country.