Giselle Selling Quickly - Act Now!
On stage May 27 - 31, 2009
"The National Ballet of Canada dances Giselle as if they mean it. That's the simple
secret that lifts the old chestnuts off the page and makes them more than
lithographs come to life. That Giselle is not simply a relic of the Romantic age,
but at 166 years the oldest surviving ballet regularly performed, speaks to its
witchy and enduring power." - Vancouver Sun, 2007
Tickets are going fast for the entire run of Giselle. If you wish to experience this
extraordinary ballet yourself, especially to see retiring Principal Dancer Chan Hon
Goh in her final performances, see the list below for best dates.
* Wednesday, May 27, 7:30 pm - Retiring Principal Dancer Chan Hon Goh: best
* Thursday, May 28, 2:00 pm - limited availability
* Thursday, May 28, 7:30 pm - best availability
* Friday, May 29, 7:30 pm - good availability
* Saturday, May 30, 2:00 pm - limited availability
* Saturday, May 30, 7:30 pm - good availability
* Sunday, May 31, 2:00 pm - Retiring Principal Dancer Chan Hon Goh's final
Giselle: SOLD OUT
To buy tickets visit national.ballet.ca or call 416 345 9595.
The 2008/09 season is presented by CTV and The Globe and Mail.
Giselle was produced as a memorial to the late William P. Walker and was made
possible through the courtesy of many generous friends of the National Ballet.