public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ballet tech ohio presents Spring Loose!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:29 pm 

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Claudia Rudolf Barrett
Founder, Director
ballet tech ohio
7623 Old 3 C Highway
Maineville, OH 45239
(513) 319-3624
Email: ballettechohio@aol.com

Tuesday April 14, 2009 Claudia Rudolf Barrett's ballet tech ohio presents Spring Loose!.

SAVE THE DATE! Friday May 29th, 8:00 and Sat. May 30th, 2:00 and 8:00 p.m.

Presented by Claudia Rudolf Barrett's ballet tech ohio, Spring Loose! promises to be a unique and entertaining evening of live music and dance for the entire family!

Sponsored in part by Kingdom Institute International (KII) , Cynthia Matyi, and The Silver Arm
, the performance will feature ballet tech ohio's talented dancers with guest artists including Cervilio Amador, principal dancer of the Cincinnati Ballet Company (CBC) and Sergey Pakharev, formerly of the CBC.

Spiralia
, a world premier to the live music by The Silver Arm and Ian Barrett and choreographed by C. R. Barrett, is based upon the internationally acclaimed children's book, The Little Town of Spirals by Cindy Matyi, with projections of Matyi's beautiful celtic artwork. “The inspiration for Little Town of Spirals came through my travels in Ireland,” said Matyi. “I was showing a young student how to draw spirals, and together we created the start of a magical town where spirals rose from chimneys, blossomed in flowers and brought fun to so many places. I never dreamed the book would one day serve as the theme for a ballet. I’m extremely excited that my visual art medium is being expressively translated into a performing art.”

Little Town of Spirals
naturally lends itself to performing arts interpretation. The story is about a delightful place with mystical qualities reminiscent of Celtic lands and places. It’s a town in motion with the joy of creation; and, it features many unique natural creatures that provide wonderful character options for young dancers. “The book's imaginative and detailed Celtic paintings, with their rich colors and universal theme of spiral movement, begged to be translated into music and dance,” says Barrett, founder and director, ballet tech ohio.

Sergey Pakharev
, formerly of the Cincinnati Ballet Company (CBC) will perform in Les Sylphides to the romantic and lilting music of Chopin and in the Swan Lake Pas de trois; Cervilio Amador, Principal dancer of the CBC will wow you with his exciting performance in The Flames of Paris. Revelation! Dance Theater of KII will make two guest appearances and Fumble Bumble, a hilarious fusion of dancers and football choreographed by Michael Wardlaw, formerly of the CBC, will top off the diverse evening.

When: Friday May 29th, 8:00 and Sat. May 30th, 2:00 and 8:00 p.m.

Where: Aronoff Center Jarson Kaplan Theater
Phone: 621-ARTS (2787)

Ticket prices: Adult $23, Senior/Students $15

Please visit our website http://www.ballettechohio.org for more details.

###