|Good movies about dance topic
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Danceox [ Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:33 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Good movies about dance topic|
I would like to share something that I found very interesting. I usually watch all movies related somehow to dance, ballet or choreography. One of my favorite movies is "Pina" - about German Choreographer. So, there is a website that give similar movies based on any subject. It calls http://www.funkyflick.com . I chose a subject dance and got classic movies that already forgotten and some modern movies as well. Some of them were:
1. Singing in the rain. (1952) Singin' in the Rain is a 1952 American musical comedy film starring Gene Kelly, Donald O'Connor and Debbie Reynolds and directed by Gene Kelly and Stanley Donen, with Kelly also providing the choreography.
2. Broadway Melody of 1940.
3. Center Stage (2000). Center Stage is a 2000 American teen drama film, directed by Nicholas Hytner, about a group of young dancers from various backgrounds who enroll at the fictitious American Ballet Academy in New York City.
4. Rize (2005). Rize is a documentary following an interview schedule of two related dancing subcultures of Los Angeles: clowning and krumping.
5. Shall we dance (1937) .
Shall We Dance is the seventh of the ten Astaire-Rogers musical comedy films. It was released in 1937. The idea for this film originated in the studio's desire to exploit the successful formula created by Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Hart with their 1936 Broadway hit On Your Toes, which featured an American dancer getting involved with a touring Russian ballet company, and which featured the famous "Slaughter On Tenth Avenue" satirical ballet created by the Russian émigré choreographer George Balanchine.
6. Mad Hot Ballroom (2005). Mad Hot Ballroom is a documentary film by director Marilyn Agrelo and writer/producer Amy Sewell about a ballroom dance program in the New York City Public School system. Tango, foxtrot, swing, rumba and merengue may seem to represent the last vestiges of a dying art to some, but Agrelo proves this is far from true in Mad Hot Ballroom.
7. Tango (1998). Tango (Spanish: Tango, no me dejes nunca) is a 1998 Argentine tango film written and directed by Carlos Saura and photographed by acclaimed cinematographer Vittorio Storaro.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group