public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:33 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Importance of motivation for dancers
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:28 pm 

Another article by a dancer on NetworkDance.

Dancers (Artists) are a different, far more sensitive to anything and everything.
Much more attentive to little things and how they make us feel. We can be easily destabilized by situations in life and work in the same time uplifted, encouraged.

Read full article at: http://www.networkdance.net/dance-balle ... -dancers/7

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Importance of motivation for dancers
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:58 am 

I really agree with that. Sensitive people seem to be better in tune with their emotions and can express those emotions beautifully with the right outlet. It's not easy to be sensitive in such a harsh world where people don't think before they speak and have no problem trampling on the happiness of others. I myself stay motivated to write by putting positive affirmations on my wall. When I was a young pointe student, my wall was covered with photos of Margot Fonteyn, Maria Tallchief, Pavlova, and any other photo that inspired me. Reading books about the struggles and ultimate success of other dancers is really inspirational :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Importance of motivation for dancers
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:07 am 

Hi Melanie,
I came across your link and really found more informations regarding importance of motivation. Actually i agree with your content really the importance of motivation is important for most people in everyday situations , one of the main importances of motivation is to increase morale of an individual. Suppose a dancer harass about his/her performance or will have any negative think then in that place that situation seriously need some motivation to change their thought.

Thanks

Profile E-mail