public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:10 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lap dancing study in Scotland
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:00 pm 

I really hope it is okay to post a request for research participants on this site. I am currently using the internet as one avenue in which to tell people about the study I am doing. My name is Billie Lister and I am a friendly female researcher who is conducting a study which aims to discover the experiences of working in lapdancing venues in Scottish towns and cities from the perspective of the women who dance inside these venues. This research is for a Ph.D at the University of Stirling and has already gained ethical approval from the Department of Applied Social Science at the University of Stirling. I am personally and professionally committed to conducting research of the highest ethical standards and confidentiality will be respected at every stage of the research process.

The study involves spending no longer than one hour with me in a semi structured interview setting, where I will ask some questions regarding your experiences of working in Scottish lapdancing venues.

To take part, you must be dancing at the moment, or have left the occupation within roughly the last year. You must dance in Scotland or have experience of working in Scotland.

I have created an informative website specifically for the study, the URL can be located at www.lapdancingstudy.co.uk, and I would be delighted to provide further information about participation to any interested women who contact me directly.

If you dance yourself, have experience of working in a venue, I'd love to hear from you. If you know of anyone who might like to take part, I'd be most grateful if you could pass on the URL of my website!

I'd like to emphasise that there is no moral agenda on my part - I am a research student and am not acting on behalf of any form or media / group. You can be assured of courtesy and respect at everything stage of the research process.

Thank you very much,

Billie Lister

Profile E-mail