public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What not to tell a six year old!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:19 pm 

:oops: I hope I am not breaking any rules by telling you this, and hope you will see the innocent amusement.

A friend of mine who is very keen on Ballet, has 2 grand daughters, Ages 6 & 8 years.who like to watch her Ballet DVD's. Most of them are okay, but when it came to Giselle, my friend thought it would be difficult to tell her 6 year old Grand Daughter the story. Both girls kept on, until she gave in and let them watch. Act 1 she explained that Giselle had died of a broken heart, because the Prince was unkind to her. The older girl commented " Poor Girl, Did she have a Heart Attack, if it was Broken?"And so on to Act 2, after lots of questions and answers, my friend was asked by the younger child, "What are the Ladies with veils on Called?" She was told ""They are The Willis". To which she replied indignantly " Dont be silly , they are not Willies, That is what little Boys have" !!! From the Mouth's of children.......... I hope I have not offended anyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:30 am 

ROTFL. This is why I have to watch my mouth around my 20 month old.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Hi LMC
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:16 pm 

:oops:I can appreciate where you are coming from, children pick things up very easily. But it is not always from us, outsiders can be a real serious problem!! Best Wishes.

Post subject: Re: What not to tell a six year old!!!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:20 am 

This is When They begin to work out That grown-ups are not mind readers..there are many things that are not for 6 year old....Until kids are about 5 or 6 years old , Their view of the World is very literal. ...

Profile E-mail