public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:08 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2008 Youth Am. Grand Prix finals; results?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:11 am 

Can somebody please post the full list of trophy winners of the YAGP 2008, which was just concluded last night? [There are seemingly 100+ scholarships awarded...no need to post that.]

I extended my Kirov-NYC weekend to attend my first-ever YAGP Gala, preceded by the awards ceremony at 5pm. So I *should* know the names of the winners...but it was impossible to hear the full names because of the uncivilized screaming from the various dance-academy delegations...and, yes, they also screamed throughout the gala, often at the most inappropriate places e.g., during the finale of Petit's Carmen pdd, as the two dancers (Semionova/Bolle) were simulating the sex act, prompting the lights to be turned off before the pas was completed.

here's all that I know for sure:

GRAND PRIX (for very best dancer, male or female): Norbert Something-or-other from the John Crako School, Germany. Wonderful, expresive dancer who wowed the gala audience with Les Bourgeois (made famous by Daniel Simkin)

1st PRIZE, SR MALE: Vadim Mungatirov of Russia...but representing the Royal Ballet Academy, where he is studying. I know Vadim as the winner of the latest Vaganova Prix in St Petersburg, a couple of years ago. Gorgeous technique and long line in his Don Q pdd solo.

1st PRIZE, SR FEMALE: Rocio Aleman of Monterrey, Mexico - gorgeous classicist, with perfect figure and face to be a star, dancing Sleeping Beauty Act I solo.

!st PRIZE, JR MEN: Esteban Something-or-other....lovely Acteon solo

...and that's about it that I could hear...nothing posted on the YAGP web, yet. Nothing in the NYC newspapers yet.

The "Stars of Today" portion of the gala featured a number of big names (Semionova, Ueno, Carreno, Bolle, Hallberg)...but the undisputed stars of the night, among the pros, were Osipova/Vasiliev of the Bolshoi in the Flames of Paris pdd. They were accorded an instant standing ovation by the VERY loud and appreciative crowd + four curtain calls, until the emcee had to shut-up the audience, or the show would not have gone on.

Last edited by NataliaN on Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.