public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:53 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Arts Power 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:14 am 

In today's Times there is a supplement listing the 100 "biggest hitters" in British arts. It is a very curious list, which includes a number of pop singers and the like - a category that I personally wouldn't consider as part of the arts world.

There is just one dancer on this list of British artists and that is Sylvie Guillem who is French. Three other wholly dance personalities make the list; Matthew Bourne at a relatively high 37, Monica Mason at 65 and Val Bourne at 88. Others with dance links are Alistair Spalding of Sadlers Wells in at 19 and Dame Vivien Duffield, the arts patron, who makes the top 10 at number 9. Antonio Pappano, the brilliant music director of the Royal Opera who has also been known to conduct the ballet, makes the list as a lowly 54.

Top arts bod is architect Norman Foster, presumably for creating a new London Landmark in the shape of "the gherkin" and Nicholas Serota of the Tate Gallery is runner up.

I can’t find this on line I’m afraid and am therefore unable to provide a link.

Profile E-mail