public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What hapenned with Gianetti?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2000 9:29 am 

Latest issue not out in Paris, can anyone tell me what hapenned.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: What hapenned with Gianetti?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2000 12:41 pm 

Michael, here is the Press Release from Northern Ballet Theatre, but as to what happened......<P> <BR>News Items <BR> <BR>Artistic Director Stefano Giannetti, resigns from Northern Ballet Theatre.<P><BR>Northern Ballet Theatre Chairman, Bernard Atha OBE, announced today that Stefano Giannetti has resigned as Artistic Director of NBT stating, "It is with the deepest regret that I received Stefano's resignation as Artistic Director. In the short time he has been here he has improved the standard of dancing in the company, produced an excellent new ballet, Great Expectations and supervised a most successful London season. His achievements in just twelve months have been considerable."<P> As a young man with a distinguished career to develop even further, I can understand his wish to explore international opportunities open to him such as his recent choreographic commission in Rome but I look forward to his return to re-stage Great Expectations in the future. Stefano has agreed to be available to rehearse Great Expectations until the end of the season. A search for his successor will commence immediately."<P> Stefano Giannetti was appointed to the position of Artistic Director in early 1999 following the death of Christopher Gable who had held the post from 1987-1998. Bernard Atha continued, "The planned autumn/winter tour features two of NBT's most successful productions – Dracula and Romeo & Juliet. An exciting new production is scheduled for the spring/summer tour 2001 and another for the autumn/winter 2001, which will be announced at the end of the current season."<P> Anna M.D.Izza / Claire Healey, Northern Ballet Theatre Press Office Tel: 0113 274 5355<BR> <P>

Profile E-mail