public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Debate on 'beauty'
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2000 2:21 am 

Image <P>No, it's not a recycled WWII bunker!<P><BR>A promising article based on a round-table discussion about the concept of beauty, inspired by an exhibition at the Hirshhorn Museum. I'll read it again, but at first sight I have to say that it doesn't seem to illumination the theme much for me. <P><BR> <A HREF="http://www.nytimes.com/yr/mo/day/artleisure/dance-beauty.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.nytimes.com/yr/mo/day/artleisure/dance-beauty.html</A> <P><BR>If you have not done so already, you will need to register (free) with the NY Times site first. The NY Times seems to have lengthened the availability period for their articles. Pleaselet us know if you find that this link is dead.<p>[This message has been edited by Stuart Sweeney (edited July 23, 2000).]

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Debate on 'beauty'
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2000 3:08 am 

stuart, given my laziness about remembering my passwords for such sites, i'll skip the article and just say that re the debate about beauty, and the image above: for ME, that's not IT! Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2000 4:06 am 

I go straight into the NY Times every time grace. Are you cookiephobic? <P>If my memory was a computer it would be a 10 year old Commodore, but I use the same code for everything in every aspect of my life, sio I do remember it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2000 4:44 am 

The exterior of above "edifice" shows no indications of the treasures within. A fact that certainly indicates that beauty is a diverse situation, therefore enabling endless discussions and debates about what constitutes its definition. I had to smile when I read the various comments included in the article. It is human nature to put words to our concepts and opinions. Nothing wrong with that, it's communication. But looked at from another dimension, it reads like so much "artbabble."<p>[This message has been edited by Maggie (edited July 23, 2000).]

Profile E-mail