public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:15 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ballet West Dancer Killed In Plane Crash
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2001 9:51 am 

Ballet West dancer, Laurel Foster, killed in plane crash.<BR> <A HREF="http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,245011769,00.html" TARGET=_blank>http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,245011769,00.html</A> <P><I>thanks to francis for supplying a working link - grace</I><p>[This message has been edited by grace (edited January 13, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Ballet West Dancer Killed In Plane Crash
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2001 1:46 am 

consolidating two threads here, <B>babslights</B> wrote:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Having heard just recently of Laurel's death over the holidays in a plane crash, I am wondering if anyone can help me locate further information. I understand that there is a website that gives further details, and my understanding is (why I am looking) there is information about where to send donations for a selected memorial.<P>Does anyone know where this is? My friend was sketchy on details.<P>You may perhaps recall the identical Foster twins - there is a book about them when they were at SAB I believe. My heart breaks for Amy and the family.<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>to which <B>grace</B> responded:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>babs, all i have found so far is this bio page at ballet west for amy foster, which came up when i did a search for laurel foster:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.balletwest.org/artists/artists.cfm?rownum=10" TARGET=_blank>http://www.balletwest.org/artists/artists.cfm?rownum=10</A> <P>if that doesn't take you straight there (since it's a frames site), click on 'Artists'.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>and <B>marie</B> added:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I heard about this on the news here when it happened, very very sad, basically it was a result of poor weather conditions, the plane was flying about 100 ft. too low and crashed into the side of the mountain killing everyone on board. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2001 5:47 am 

Those fans of Miami City Ballet will also recall seeing Laurel dance.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2001 3:26 pm 

Grace, I have read the book about the twins with my girls! Of course it's been a few years, but I remember it fairly well. What a sad situation for the family members and for those in the dance community that knew this young lady!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2001 4:03 pm 

what book is that, mom2?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2001 4:40 pm 

It's called <B>Twins On Toes: A Ballet Debut</B> by Joan Anderson<P>A synopsis from Booklist reads<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>The School of American Ballet's Spring Workshop performance provides the focus for Anderson's profile of 17-year-old twins Amy and Laurel, whose lives have revolved around ballet for the past 10 years. The text includes quotations from the twins as well as explanations of why they chose this path, how they perfect their art, and what they aspire to achieve. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It is a terribly heart-wrenching event. For the families left behind, and the friends and co-workers at Ballet West, and other companies. I, frankly, cannot imagine seeing one of the sisters without the other (I have this image in my mind of the two of them huddled stage right, putting shoes on together)...and being close to another set of twins, I just can't get my mind around how she can pick up and continue. In time, I hope Amy can.<P>I guess one of the best memorials to a life well-lived is the number of friends left behind. <p>[This message has been edited by BabsLights (edited January 13, 2001).]

Profile E-mail