public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nashville Ballet website
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2000 4:42 am 

Yes, I would like to post the Nashville Ballet website <A HREF="http://www.nashvilleballet.org" TARGET=_blank>http://www.nashvilleballet.org</A> <BR>to go with my above post about ballet archive.<P>Grace, the ballet mistress is Elaine Thomas. I don't know if you know of her. She was in the Royal behind our mutual friend years back. The photos on the site were taken by an old dance friend of mine who went into photography after her retirement.<P>I hope to post websites of other good, but less prominent companies. Sometimes they get neglected over the "big" ones, but are no less noteworthy these days. Anyone else is welcome to post their favorite regional company.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Nashville Ballet website
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2000 6:20 pm 

maggie - i agree with your idea here - just because a company is small, doesn't mean it's lower quality!<P> Image <P>that's a very attractive site, too. thanks, maggie. i don't know of elaine thomas. she does have an impressive background, doesn't she? fancy being a genée winner, as well as all the rest. wonder why she chose to live in the US?...perhaps she'd like to know about OUR site? Image

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Nashville Ballet website
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2000 4:43 am 

Grace, I'm working on that bit. I'm also hoping to hear from other people out there about the excellent companies in their area. While there will always be the "big ones" good dance is no longer lacking in the so-called provincial areas as it once was.

Profile E-mail