public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Olympics Closing Ceremony
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 5:06 am 

getting a litle ahead of myself! - but the following information has come to hand, courtesy of adelaide-based australian dance writer and agent, jane donovan, at danceart:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>the closing ceremony is a continuation of the opening<BR> ceremony. It picks up post industrial revolution and showcases<BR> our exports and entertainment successes. Kylie Minogue plays<BR> the little girl grown up 20 years later. It features our movie<BR> industry with scenes from Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Strictly<BR> Ballroom (get ready ballroom teachers for new students), B1<BR> and B2, our fashion designers, Elle and other great aussies.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>thanks, jane! Image

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Olympics Closing Ceremony
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 5:08 am 

see this thread for related info and discussion of the Sydney 2000 Olympics OPENING ceremony:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.criticaldance.com/ubb/Forum11/HTML/000195.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.criticaldance.com/ubb/Forum11/HTML/000195.html</A>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2000 6:55 pm 

I'm looking forward to the closing ceremony tonight but I would love to know more about what's happening, who's directed it etc. The bit from Jane is great, thanks Grace (and Jane). Do you have any idea where I can source more information? Everything is kept so hush, hush here in Sydney.<P>J

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2000 7:25 pm 

well, the bit i'm curious about is how i heard that all the athleytes will also be involved in the closing ceremony...but not long to go now, jennifer - maybe you'll just have to wait!<P>p.s. jennifer: we've got some GREAT stuff happening at quite a pace down in THE STUDIO these days - it's the busiest part of the board - have you looked in lately? any interest in that area? please have a look see! -maybe AFTER 8 pm tonight - when all those olympics addicts start going into TV withdrawals...... (not suggesting YOU are one, but i know a few..) Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2000 4:51 pm 

ho-hum....anyone gonna comment?<P>lots of ballroom stuff...<P>bit of greek dance posturing in nice floaty costumes.....went on a bit...<P>few songs - loved kylie's little pink outfit! i think SHE did, too! Image<P>LOVED that silver banner floating gloriously in the wind from the back of the 'Priscilla, Queen of the Desert' bus.....<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2000 9:31 pm 

Sorry i'm missing this. Has there been some sort of sports event going on in Australia?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2000 9:57 pm 

Actually, it's still going on Stuart. Image The opening ceremony for the Paraolympics is tomorrow (18/10/2000)! <P>Well, since you closed the opening ceremony thread after my lengthy comments, Grace, I think I'll refrain from commenting on the closing ceremony. Image Glad you liked it! <P>Oh, just one thing -- the highlight for me was definately Elle's prancing!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2000 11:24 pm 

Oh, Jennifer, please share your views with us about the Closing Ceremony.<P>I heard on the radio yesterday that tourist enquiries from the UK to Australia have increased sharply since the Olympics.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2000 8:02 pm 

Jen, are you referring to Elle MacPherson? If so, Stuart would like her phone number.<P>And yes please give us a description... not of Elle... but of the Closing Ceremony, Opening Ceremony, whatever...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2000 5:00 am 

I would like to hear about it, too. Elle not withstanding (prancing?)

Profile E-mail