public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:59 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SF's Wayne Hazzard and Cowell Theater
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2000 4:41 pm 

Image <BR>Cowell Theater<P><BR>Wayne Hazzard, SF's dance VIP, talks to Rachel Howard about his new position at the dance-friendly Cowell Theater after an illustrious career at the helm of the dance-helpful Dancers' Group:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><B>Dancers' Group former director takes center stage at Cowell</B><P>By Rachel Howard, SF Examiner<P> Sitting in his warm and brightly lighted new office, Wayne Hazzard looks as calm as the harbor waters outside his large window. His usual tastefully flamboyant touches fit neatly into the prevailing mood of order: a red metallic raincoat hangs from the hatstand. <BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><B><A HREF="http://63.78.169.150/style/default.jsp?story=art.hazzard.12210" TARGET=_blank>More</A></B><p>[This message has been edited by Azlan (edited December 21, 2000).]

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: SF's Wayne Hazzard and Cowell Theater
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2000 4:44 pm 

This monologue in Theatre Bay Area's Callboard will give readers some insight into this man who has been remarkable to the dance community:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><B>Monologue: Confessions</B><P>by Wayne Hazzard<P>I’m a girl trapped in a man’s body: I’m too smart to be a man. Why else would I dance, wear dresses and dislike contact sports? I rally against sexism, racism, ageism, homophobia, breast cancer and AIDS. I want to wear a wedding dress. I want to get married. I am a domestic partner, which sounds like a wife to me. In my lifetime I want to be equal. At the time of this writing, I wonder if the Knight Initiative will pass.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><B><A HREF="http://www.theatrebayarea.org/apr00mono.html" TARGET=_blank>More</A></B><p>[This message has been edited by Azlan (edited December 21, 2000).]

Profile E-mail