public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:19 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Updates to adult ballet website
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2000 10:51 am 

Hello, everyone.<P>I'm fairly new to this forum, but wanted to introduce my website to any adult ballet students who might be interested. <P>I've just done an extensive update, with new features including: a recent St. Paul Pioneer Press reprint on the adult ballet phenomenon with a Dallas Morning News sidebar, new stories from women ballet students (one of whom is now teaching, the other has just formed a performance company for older dancers), and expanded adult ballet class listings across the country. It's a very large website, with the intent of forming a community with high-quality information for the adult student.<P>If anyone has suggestions of similar websites of interest to the adult ballet enthusiast, I am always looking to add to my links. <P>Rosetta <A HREF="http://www.blue-diamond-dance.com" TARGET=_blank>www.blue-diamond-dance.com</A>

Post subject: Re: Updates to adult ballet website
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2000 1:14 pm 

Hi Rosetta,<P>Thanks for the update...I will certainly visit!<P>I'm posting for purely personal reasons - my middle name is Rosetta, and I've never seen, met, whatever, anyone with that name! Mine I believe was inherited from my maternal grandmother. They called her "Etta," and her married name was Crabbe. Etta Crabbe! No kidding!<P>Anyway, it's so nice to "meet" another Rosetta, even if it's just your e-name!<P>

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2000 2:54 pm 

Rosetta, thanks for telling us about your website. It is very impressive. If you don't mind, I'd like to quote you:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>About six years ago I stepped into my first ballet class, and for a long time, it was a love/hate relationship! Love, because ballet is so beautiful and challenging. Hate, because it's so difficult and it seems such an uphill battle for the adult beginner. But there IS a place for you; it's just that you have to carve it out for yourself.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>These are encouraging words and I'm sure many adults will benefit from your site.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2000 7:29 pm 

I've visited before, and enjoyed seeing the site. The Corpse de Ballet t-shirt cracked me up.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2000 9:51 pm 

Image rosetta, herself!<P>hi rosetta, nice to see you again. rosetta's site is great, everyone (IMO).<P>i just can't resist copying that lovely blue diamond again! Image <P>see, this post was just an excuse to do pretty pictures! Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2000 7:15 am 

Rosetta, (also the name of a well known cat sculptor) I've visited your site several times, and I think you offer great information for the adult ballet student, who sometimes gets overlooked in the dance world. It is interesting that many adults choose to take up ballet at the point in their life when maturity has given them the advantage of having developed the ability of self-expression, and want to use ballet as the vehicle. I support it wholeheartedly. I thought Grace gave excellent advice in our studio column about teaching adult students.

Profile E-mail