public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:33 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: hello :o)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2000 7:39 am 

hello 2 all, I'm new on this forum, I'm a young dancer and student at the same time, 17 years old, and well, I just wanted to say hi Image))<P>paquita

Post subject: Re: hello :o)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2000 7:53 am 

Hi, to you too Paquita. It's good to have you here and we hope that you'll find plenty of interesting material. If not, please tell us what we should be doing different.<P>In case you came directly to the bulletin board, our front page lists the other features we have such as international newsletters and previous reviews and features. At the bottom of the forum front page you'll find a link to the site front page. <P>We'll look forward to hearing any views on French dance or anything else that you may care to share. Here in London we are looking forward to Ballet Preljocaj's 'Romeo and Juliet' in another month or so.<P>Have fun here.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2000 8:23 am 

just adding a note to say we have quite a few cat lovers here (me first! Image), and i hope you will have a look further down the board in THE STUDIO section, where we discuss technique and related issues.<P>btw, i tried to check out your webpage, but got a message at geocities saying 'this page is not available for viewing'...?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2000 8:31 am 

oh s... (oops Image )<BR>you can see the page at: <A HREF="http://membres.tripod.fr/misss/001.html" TARGET=_blank>http://membres.tripod.fr/misss/001.html</A> <BR>There are an english and a french version, then english is not very good, it's hard to me, it's not my native language you know... <BR>please forgive the mistakes! Image<P><BR>I'm a lover of the cats just like you! you can see some pictures of my cats at <A HREF="http://membres.tripod.fr/misss/chat.html" TARGET=_blank>http://membres.tripod.fr/misss/chat.html</A> <P>kisses!!!<P>

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2000 8:39 am 

oh my! music! and i love your mouse pointer effects! Image<P>paquita, i notice on your english page you ask for help with translation. i am pretty fussy about noticing details, and i couldn't find one thing i could phrase better than you have, so i don't think you need ANY help! congratulations.<P>i notice none of the actual page links are working yet though, from either the french or the english page.....thanks for showing us, while you are building it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2000 8:44 am 

i can't resist linking to these! (i haven't copied them, paquita, just linked direct to your photos.) if you are the photographer, you are pretty good at that, too! maggie will love these!<P> Image <P> Image <P>maggi, trina, other cat lovers: there are some other very nice cat photos at that bottom link in the post above. Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2000 8:51 am 

Thanks Grace, you're so nice.<P>That's ok for the pictures, don't worry Image<BR>Hey I have a funny one, with my cat named Cloclo : <A HREF="http://membres.tripod.fr/misss/tutuclo.gif" TARGET=_blank>http://membres.tripod.fr/misss/tutuclo.gif</A> <P>I love this one Image<BR>And he loves the tutu !<P><BR>Well, I don't understand the problem about the links, I've just checked it 2 minutes ago, and it was working on my computer. I hope it's just a temporary problem...<P><BR>I love to take pictures, of cats of course, but of landscape too, there are my favourites here: <A HREF="http://membres.tripod.fr/misss/photo.html" TARGET=_blank>http://membres.tripod.fr/misss/photo.html</A> <P><BR>kiss<BR>

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2000 9:02 am 

Those cat photos <u>are</u> good paquita.<P>You might like to go to the Mark Morris London season thread. If you scroll down there is a little photo of Tina Fehlandt with her cat. Tina is the MMDC Dance Mistress and was a key dancer in the company in the 80s, .<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2000 2:49 pm 

I LOVE those cat photos--why do dancers always love cats-is it their grace, independence, what????

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2000 3:00 pm 

We're partial to ferrets in Miami, rather than kittys!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2000 4:00 pm 

Image 'Plage d'Irlande'<P>paquita, if you took these -did you?-, you have quite a talent! <P>i love the roses too (for those of you who get a bit impatient waiting for the images to load - it's at the bottom of the page, so you'll just have to wait!)<P>btw, you must be quite well-travelled if these are all by you.<P>the tutu pic is fun too. i can well imagine the cat would like your tutu, but i DON'T imagine he's much good for the netting - you should see my net curtains! embarrassingly 'holy', because i get tired of telling them off, and just give up! tutu net would be even MORE fun to rip into! Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2000 8:24 pm 

Ferrets? Ferrets! I guess they can be graceful too.<P>Well, I read somewhere that artists in general prefer cats because they are "perfectly-built creatures." I think I also remember reading that wild dogs are also built somewhat like cats; they are mean and lean for hunting and survival.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2000 5:09 am 

Paquita! your photos are beautiful. You have a good sense of humor, also. Your cat in the green chair looks just like one I used to have. Did you, or do you study photography, also, or are you self taught? How did you get started in ballet? For many of us, it was a certain performance that we saw when we were young.<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2000 6:50 am 

Hey all I'm back <P>I've never studied photography, but I love that Image<P>I began to dance when I was 5, in fact, my mother dance ballet too, and since I'm a baby, she's always took me to her dance lessons, I loved that. And I really began because I had some problems with my foot and my doctor said that dance lessons could help Image<BR>First it worked, and second, I've never stopped the dance lessons during all this time ! <P><BR>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2000 4:09 pm 

just curious, paquita, whether you also have any other artistic background in your genetic makeup, aside from your mother being a dancer. do either of your parents paint, or draw, or design? anything visual? - if you have never studied photography, you are certainly showing a fine eye for its principles...<P>have you ever tried talking ballet photos: oh, boy, THAT's a challenge!

Profile E-mail