public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:53 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kaatsbaan International Dance Center
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2000 9:17 pm 

Image <P>Robert Hill (photo Robert Round)<P><BR>Clive Barnes attends the opening performance at the studio of the brand-new Kaatsbaan International Dance Center. It will be used by ABT among others and Robert Hill from the Company was one of the dancers. Therese Capucelli, Associate AD of the The Martha Graham Dance Company, performed in choreography by Donlin Foreman and Jacqulyn Buglisi. <BR> <BR> <A HREF="http://www.nypost.com/07192000/entertainment/8084.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.nypost.com/07192000/entertainment/8084.htm</A>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Kaatsbaan International Dance Center
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 5:07 am 

I like that. A creative hothouse for dance. I'm ready for a renaissance. Wouldn't it be nice to see this develop around the country, and for all the arts. It's sad to see arts languish for the most part, while mega-sports, "pop" wrestling, and cartoon-like action movies thrive. Unfortunately, money for the support of these things come from the audiences, and we see by the success of these things what a majority of people prefer. I certainly hope this center thrives and grows, and funding doesn't become a struggle. How will a place like this support itself? From the article a gathered that it was a private funding. I would like to see an article that was truly descriptive at some point, rather than one based on a press release.<p>[This message has been edited by Maggie (edited July 20, 2000).]

Profile E-mail