public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: question - v a wolfl
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2000 10:52 pm 

typos understood! kt, if you think you would like to cover dance umbrella (london) for dance australia, email me for the editor's email address, and send her a sample or two of your writing (if there's time - im not sure when it is..). there's no guarantee the magazine will cover dance umbrella, but you can always ask. it always helps if there are australians involved, in anything for this magazine, as that creates some automatic local interest - so consider it, if you wish.<P>thanks for the dartington info. i don't really need more info (thanks for the offer), but am curious where it is located? i also think you have an amazing tolerance for full-on academic study - and that probably means for being poor, as well!<P>where is all this taking you? do you have a plan?<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2000 11:18 am 

Phew! Do I have a tolerance for being poor? Ive never actually experienced life with money (thats that stuff that makes the world go round, right?!). But never mind, I manage OK and I have no debt at all.<P>Dartington is in south Devon, UK. Its absolutely lovely down here and just like the pictures you see of English country villages. I still see the place thru my Aussie eyes. I never knew there were so many shades of green (and grey!).<P>One day I expect Ill have to go to work like all the other poor sods. In the meantime Im happy freelancing and whatever else comes my way. I am aiming at tertiary teaching, (hence the practical quals) but until the day comes when I know exactly what is going to happen tomorrow Im going to enjoy exploring, investigating and learning what I can!<P>Jealous anyone?<P>Only kidding. I am actually pretty focused and ambitious as well as the above. Lucky really, as I think my brain would have exploded by now! I try hard with my studies, but I also know theres more to life than academia and money. Geez, i sound like a self help book...sorry!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2000 3:44 pm 

Dartington Hall is a lovely place and Totnes has a lot going for it. Don't know about the dance side. I do know that my first 3 weeks at the Laban Centre have been a ball.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2000 9:38 am 

Hey Stuart! Lucky ol' you! Laban has a great reputation. I looked into that place but the fees nearly made me faint! At least at Dartington theyre paying mine. Is that the situation you have too?<P>Best of luck, I hope it gives you what you need and desire.