public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:48 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Olympia's Open Invitation
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2000 7:33 am 

<P>I've posted this info in another thread, but it's important enough that I offer this venue as often and widely as possible.<BR>A LIVE monthly hourlong public access television program needs music and dancers. "Dance O' Dance" enters its third year this July serving the basic cable subscribers of Thurston County Washington. No auditions required. Any age, any style dancers welcome to participate with prepared or improvised works up to 15minutes. All are welcome to join the free form 'club style' portion. Submissions via videotape will be accepted but may be edited for length and content.<BR>thanks in advance<BR>thanks in a dance<BR>Justin B. Wright <A HREF="http://www.danceodance.com" TARGET=_blank>www.danceodance.com</A>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Olympia's Open Invitation
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2000 5:15 pm 

Hey Azlan here is your chance.......go for it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2000 8:54 pm 

Thanks a lot, Lucy! Are you implying something?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2000 11:07 pm 

serious inquiries only.<BR>walk ons welcome. <BR>optional purity test: <A HREF="http://www.danceodance.com/haveyou.html" TARGET=_blank>www.danceodance.com/haveyou.html</A>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2000 11:54 pm 

I'm delighted to say that, having taken the Purity Test, I'm 100% pure for the first (and probably the last) time in my life.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2000 7:04 pm 

I think that we all need to take a look at the questions that he is linking us to. How old are you 12?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2000 8:08 pm 

actually lucy, i don't think we all DO...<P>but if someone's not careful, some of us might soon be "guilty" of #96.<P>the guy's enthusiastic though - you gotta give him THAT!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2000 9:25 am 

mrrow!<BR>How old are you? Too Old?<BR>call this place Censordance pretty soon.<BR>Stop dancing with blinders on.<BR>Don't get me wrong. I can take constructive criticism. It has been pointed out that if the parent of a dance student below the age of consent were to read the purity test, they might assume the worst. Then again some parents might never let their kids go into a theatre where Shakespeare had ever been performed. *gasp*<BR>You can't test Purity without taking some of it. By the way, how can you be 100% pure if you've 'heard' or 'seen print promotions' about the show? & now that you've 'posted to a message board'....<BR>My main target audience members are past puberty but pre-"adulthood"... I show them beautiful dance in a wider variety of body shapes, sizes, experience levels, and characters than they usually see on MTV. Of course, being in a tv studio, we are smoke and alcohol free. At the after party I do enjoy a beer or two but never more than three. Minors are not permitted.<BR>As far as the other adult questions: ask yourselves the same ones in another dance context pertinent to you! Is dance a mating ritual or just a way to avoid talking? <BR>I re-read the test and count about 10% 'adult' content which seems within acceptable parameters for middle American cable tv subscribers. Consider suggesting some alternate questions. I could certainly re-write them more euphemistically. I may have an all-adult version one day. Don't worry, I'll add a big disclaimer.<BR> Would you rather watch a show with a controversial history or a faithful rendition of a classic? Maybe a little of both would be nice... we'll see if we can find some faithful dancers to rend a classic...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2000 4:16 pm 

oh, jb -you're priceless!<P>"Censordance" hahahahaha!!! good one! i laughed out LOUD! AND i haven't even had breakfast yet. (can't usually respond to ANYTHING until after caffeine, food, hot water, make-up, etcetera...)<P>you know, i actually wish i could SEE your show now (NO - i *CAN'T*: i'm in AUSTRALIA).<P>you ARE a great publicist! Image<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2000 4:19 pm 

oh BTW - did you mean 'render' a classic? -OR 'rent' a classic?<P>to tell you the truth, Image i think we ARE 'too old'...<P>and WHERE were YOU when we were thinking up new names?!? Image

Profile E-mail