public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: What's in a name?
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2000 2:54 pm 

glad to see you back again, jennifer.<P>there used to be<BR>a list here<BR>of possible<BR>alternate names <BR>for this<BR>site, but<BR>i took it <BR>down, so as to <BR>keep them<BR>to myself! Image<P>no point really in offering comments on which you like, and which you don't, UNTIL i see what's available (i haven't yet, but i will, just probably not before YOUR midnight).<P>yes, jennifer: YOU can have the 'leftovers'. Image<P><p>[This message has been edited by grace (edited May 05, 2000).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2000 3:20 pm 

I rather like the name as it is. Criticaldance makes me think of "critical mass", critical meaning vitally important and not critical meaning finding fault. I vote that we should keep it the way it is.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2000 3:40 pm 

Daedalus, thanks for your input.<P>Grace, can I say I don't like any of the alternate name suggestions? Image I have a few names in mind that I think have more "style" but I want to withhold them for now to avoid unfairly influencing this vote.<P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2000 3:51 pm 

Oh my god, <BR>I can feel the tesion mounting...It's unbearable...<BR>I think you all know where I stand...<BR>Gonna have a nice cold beer, I hear it's good for the muscles...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2000 4:11 pm 

Oh, yes, I also forgot that we are now listed as criticaldance.com in the PR departments of more than a few ballet and modern dance companies in the US.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2000 5:04 pm 

azlan, OF COURSE you can say that you don't like any of them! (you were here first! ) Image<P>but given that you've now made 10 posts to this thread of 35 (as opposed to my 4), i think it's a low blow to suggest that putting forward alternatives will influence the vote. Image<P>jennifer DID say she hadn't seen any alternatives suggested...so i thought i should offer some (although we had previously thrown up a few in another thread, but i think that was while she was busy in sydney).<P>i think you're right, though, to keep your own new ideas to yourself, if you wish - because if they're REALLY good, we wouldn't want anyone to pinch'em before we register one...<P>and daedalus: would i be wrong in suggesting that you MIGHT have been ONE of the people who CAME UP WITH the criticaldance name?<BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2000 5:29 pm 

Well I was going to bed but this is just too gripping; watching you guys slug it out!<P>Grace: you are right on concerning the alternatives, but you gave a blow to Daedalus in your closing statement.<P>The title of this posting is "What's in a name" and really, what IS in a name? (I know, lots). But if the site is good, it will speak for itself. I personally have not seen a better alternative.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2000 5:40 pm 

i would like to see a new name. <BR>especially if it ismore 'upbeat'.<BR>and if it is shorter would be good too, so when you tell people about it, it's easy for them to remember.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2000 5:43 pm 

thanks for the support, angelica.<P>and stuart, isn't it amazing what happens when you give people a deadline?<P>please note, people, this is our first topic to be split into two pages. <P>so after michael's next post, you have to click on the little underlined '2' to get the rest...i know MOST of you know THAT, but just in case...OK?<P><p>[This message has been edited by grace (edited May 02, 2000).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2000 5:48 pm 

I did like danceattitude and it starts with an "A" for the search engines.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2000 5:50 pm 

still up? michael...thanks for that... Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2000 6:01 pm 

Just!<BR>Finished all the beer now (Kronenpils) and as it's 5 o'clock in the morning here, I'm signing out.<BR>Can't wait to wake up tomorrow morning and find out how it all turns out.<BR>Wonder what Stuart is doing?<P>Luv,<P>Michael. X<p>[This message has been edited by Michael Montgomery (edited May 02, 2000).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2000 7:15 pm 

I have been reading here for some time. But have not 'posted' before now. It is valuable to view the varying opinions here and to see that more people, like myself, are beginning to share a thought or two occasionally. <BR>I must say I rather prefer Grace's suggestions of "dancexpress", "dancescene", and even "dancestance" which is rather clever. Hoping you resolve this to your mutual satisfaction as I do enjoy your site.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2000 7:26 pm 

welcome, Benson - good to see you speak up.(i hope you might encourage some of our other 'strong silent types'). and even better that you like some of my suggestions! Image<P>michael: FIVE a.m....what on earth were you doing? i hope it was fun ~ our debate isn't THAT lively! Image<P>and azlan, this is all in the spirit of fun. Image we both know that i offer these thoughts, only in aid of (how i see) the best interests of the site...<P>but ultimately, i will of course DEFER to the decision made by you and stuart, as the 'elders' of this current community...<P>oh yes: michael - stuart (who leads a more moderate lifestyle than you!) is sensibly SLEEPING...tho' any minute now, he'll be up and at it...POOR stuart (when he sees this...)! Image<P><p>[This message has been edited by grace (edited May 02, 2000).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2000 9:14 pm 
I think Danceattitude which someone mentioned earlier as one of the alternatives sounds good.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next