public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:17 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: School news?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 5:12 am 

I'm a little bit confused about how we classify news about dance schools on CD.<P>A lot of news gets lumped into one thread, "School News Roundup". I think that's too bad, since it reduces exposure and gives little opportunity to respond. Only the dedicated few go to that thread and scroll down 100 messages.<P>However, news about top-tier schools often ends up geting its own thread. Recent examples include SAB and POB. Actually, the New York Times POB article was posted twice because of this confusion.<P>I suggest we eliminate the "School News Roundup" thread and post news on each school in its own thread. Maybe in "Ballet" or "Modern Dance" forum. But actually, I think a "School News" forum might be apropriate for this.<P>Any comments?<BR>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: School news?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 9:53 am 

Thanks for the feedback citibob. <P>Here are some of the reasons behind the current style. Repeated 'singleton' postings are the bane of a forum as it means that topics disappear much sooner from the first page. I was aware that these local postings would be of interest to some and perhaps not to others and this seemed a way of allowing those who were interested to access the articles. I thought that those interested would go to the final page each time.<P>Another possibility apart from the options would be to do have a quarterly or monthly topic.<P>So dear readers, do tell us what <B>you</B> think. <P><p>[This message has been edited by Stuart Sweeney (edited June 05, 2002).]

Profile E-mail