public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:52 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CD visitor hits
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 12:10 pm 

I would like to know how many "hits" criticaldance.com receives a day, ie. the number of visitor per day to the site. Please post the numbers here! <BR>

Post subject: Re: CD visitor hits
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 1:20 pm 

'Hits' are not a very accurate way to tell how many people visit a site every day. Each image on any particular page constitues a hit, so this page could be about 20 hits. Some scurilous ISP's will try and market a site on the number of hits it is receiving even though they know it's not a real number in regards to the numbers of visitors.<p>[This message has been edited by Marie (edited October 22, 2001).]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 2:01 pm 

Well Rubies, let's put it this way - it's more than Joe Polozzi's personal home page - 'Hi! I'm a plumber and I whistle while I work,' and less than ebay.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 2:06 pm 

Stuart, do you have the URL to Joe's page?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 2:42 pm 

Here it is Jeff, but it doesn't seem to be working at the moment. Perhaps the plumbing business in Palookaville is not so hot at the moment. I suggest you carry on trying it several times a day. You never know - it might start working again if Joe catches up with his ISP fees:<P> <A HREF="http://www.servlet/GIS.Servlets.HTMLTemplate?tf=tgam/common/FullStory.html&cf=tgam/common/FullStory.cfg&configFileLoc=tgam/config&vg=BigAdVariableGenerator&date=20011022&dateO" TARGET=_blank>http://www.servlet/GIS.Servlets.HTMLTemplate?tf=tgam/common/FullStory.html&cf=tgam/common/FullStory.cfg&configFileLoc=tgam/config&vg=BigAdVariableGenerator&date=20011022&dateO</A> ffset.servlet/GIS.Servlets.HTMLTemplate?tf=tgam/common/FullStory.html&cf=tgam/common/FullStory.cfg&configFileLoc=tgam/config&vg=BigAdVariableGenerator&date=20011022&date Offset=&hub=thearts&title=Arts&cache_key=thearts¤t_row=2&start_row=2&num_rows=1servlet/GIS.Servlets.HTMLTemplate?f=tgam/common/FullStory.html&cf=tgam/common/FullStory.cfg&configFi leLoc=tgam/config&vg=BigAdVariableGenerator&date=20011022&dateOffset=&hub=thearts&title=Arts&cache_key=thearts¤t_row=2&start_row=2&num_rows=1<P><p>[This message has been edited by Stuart Sweeney (edited October 22, 2001).]

Profile E-mail