public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:46 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Looking for a Ballet Teacher
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:35 am 

Hello,

My name is Michelle (from Vancouver Canada) and I have just signed up on this forum. I absolutely love ballet and am on a quest to find a great ballet teacher. I have danced since I was a child as well as figure skated until I was 18. My love for dance was stronger and so I continued on with ballet. My desire is to have really solid ballet technique to be a professional dancer, that I may not only be strong in this discipline, but be able to use ballet technique for other dance forms - much like an actor/chef who is classically trained has generally more of a range and foundation than one who isn't. For quite some time I have been looking for a good teacher but haven't found one. In my search I have come to understand that's it's not so much technique that I am looking for but someone who can teach me body placement (and out of that the technique is developed). So far I have found that the Vaganova method understands this the best. So I am posting this message to put the word out that if anyone who should read this is a ballet dancer or teacher that has been trained in the Vaganova method (or may know of some who is) and is coming, moving to Vancouver, and would be interested in teaching me, to either reply to me on this forum or contact me via email at michelle.hill@live.com. Many thanks to those who have taken the time to read this.

Sincerely,
Michelle :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Looking for a Ballet Teacher
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:39 am 

This post has been moved to

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35806

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]