public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: criticaldance.chat Rules & Policies
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 1999 4:37 pm 
criticaldance.chat Rules & Policies<p>Considering the real-time nature of this bulletin board, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this BB or any entity associated with this BB. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.<br>You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this BB.<p>Although this BB does not and cannot review the messages posted and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we at this BB reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless this BB, Madrona Park, Inc. (the makers of the bulletin board software), and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).<p>We at this BB also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.<p>Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on this BB.

Post subject: Re: criticaldance.chat Rules & Policies
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2000 8:36 pm 

Does anyone read this?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2000 9:05 pm 

Well I've read it now. I assume it's a bit of UBB standard documentation. There is quite a bit of duplication, which makes it even more unreadable.<P>I understand the reason for the last sentence, but we do allow dance-based advertising.<P>Thus I think there is scope to tidy it up.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2000 9:05 am 

You're right, Stuart...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2000 1:29 pm 

Re: Does anyone read this? Only if I need help falling asleep. <P>While I think it can stand some tidying, great first run at it!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2000 3:37 pm 

oh shag - aren't you sweet?<P>trouble is, as far as i know, it's a standard UBB page, so none of us can take credit or blame for any of it...<P>azlan, i'm the kind of person who reads everything before i sign it ( or Accept it)- so i DID read it, yes, both here and elsewhere...<P>but i'm amazed that anyone has read far enough in this thread, to get to giving you a reply...and i agree that it's verbose, and could do with a little editing: off you go...(haha! Image )

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2000 10:31 pm 

Well, I guess my much-feared editing pen will get to see some action...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2000 12:11 am 

Go to it, Tiger!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2000 6:55 am 

in case anyone hasn't noticed.....well, you wouldn't AFTER you've already joined(!), azlan has implemented some changes we've had on the back burner for a while now.<P>these include a Welcome page, which you can see by clicking on that 'New to this Forum?' link at the top of each board page.<P>one element of this, which i would like to draw to your attention, is the statement that this is primarily an adult board.<P>we discourage those under 13 from participating at CD, at all, and we ask that those between 13 and 18 get their parent's permission before joining.<P>of course, there is no way to monitor this, so it is essentially an honour system. we trust you. please respect that trust.<P>i am unaware of having any members under 15, and that's probably appropriate, unless you are a 13 year old whiz kid with lots of maturity and sense - as well as love of dance, of course! Image<P>i recommend everyone to have a look around the rest of the site periodically, as things change as fast as we are able to make them happen! (thanks, azlan!) Image

Profile E-mail