public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:08 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Just joining.....
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2001 1:28 am 

Hello everybody. I'm just trying to get to grips with the wealth of quality material available here. I haven't yet worked out how many people are members (although that may be a feature of such information not being available??) I am a lawyer in London whose other life is dance. I have danced 'something' all my life - my current passion is Argentinean Tango. I am a little long in the tooth and creaky for ballet these days but love to visit and have recently returned from the First International Ballet Festival staged at the Mariinsky Theatre, St Petersburg. I look forward to being a member! Emma

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Just joining.....
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2001 2:47 am 

Welcome, thrice welcome Emma and thank you for telling us about your background. In answer to your question we have just passed our 450th membership, having been in operation for just under 18 months.<P>Delighted that you have found a '..wealth of quality material..' here. We all hope that you will enjoy doing your bit to add to that resource over the months ahead. <P>I see that Tango Por Dos are coming back to The Peacock in London soon. Did you see them last time they were here?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2001 7:24 am 

Hello Emma - let me add my welcome to Stuart's - glad to have you join us. <P>I was going to post in a link or two for you to threads on "Tango" - but there were quite a number of them. If you go to the "Other Dance" Forum and do a search - you will come up with them.<P>I would very much like to hear what you saw at the First International Ballet Festival at the Mariinski. I have been trying to find out about in the St. Petersburg Times - but they don't put much of that kind of information online. <P>If you have a chance perhaps you could tell us about it in the "Ballet Forum" - I know that I would love [<B>LOVE</B> to hear about it - as would many others.<P>Once again welcome!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2001 10:49 am 

Thanks for the welcome. In answer to Stuart, yes I have seen Tango por Dos and because the tango community is quite tight, it is easy to catch up with the cast dancing in the tango salons in London. Indeed I have had the pleasure of dancing with the Zotto brothers.<P>In answer to Basheva, let me put something together on the St Petersburg Festival and post it - it was under publicised and I just stumbled upon it. Clement Crisp the FT critic was obviously there but not too many others that might write about it, I would have thought.

Profile E-mail