public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:39 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Board Aesthetic suggestions
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2000 8:11 am 

My critique of the board is that I don't need all the categories or archives. I'm happy to decide whether to read and reply based on topic title and timeliness. <BR> In as much as enjoy having my words live on, I doubt they should be considered deathless prose. If so, please contact me and remind me to save elsewhere or go ahead and publish them and send me a hard copy. Art is not Eternal. <BR> If I ever have kids I'll take steps to back up my videotapes and stash them in a vault somewhere. <BR> Ideally, the board will attract more users who will get to know each other well enough to ask for information that has expired. Also we will be more prone to explore topics besides those within our safety zone. <BR>More Picture posts:<br><BR>Image<br> <BR>UBB Code: no link to that Code, so I've avoided it. If it includes more than Image I'm interested. Anyway, not to ROCK the boat, but I base my model on the <A HREF="http://messages.punkrock.net">messages.punkrock.net</A> board on which the communication is fast and furious, and tho they don't restrict themselves to music on every post it binds them together like a good toe shoe.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Board Aesthetic suggestions
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2000 10:46 am 

Allow me to reconsider somewhat...<BR>I went to most of the other categories and looked back to include all posts and found a few to which I could add my $00.02.... since you have the space and the board isn't that old... KEEP EVERYTHING! <BR>I disagree with a seperate category named "FUN"... All of it ought to be open to an element of fun :P<BR>Another thing I've noticed is that the POST REPLY BUTTON is TOO FAR from the bottom of the thread, and it's TOO SMALL. I like the giant SUBMIT REPLY button at the bottom after I've decided that I will reply. Anyhoo...<A HREF="http://www.danceodance.com/">Image</A>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2000 1:52 pm 

jb_dub, thanks for your input. We will take them into consideration and push the limits of this UBB software as far as we dare.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2000 8:01 pm 

Hi jb_dub have you been to Ballet Alert? I think that you would find that most interesting if you have not yet been.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2000 10:41 am 

I think we are on the verge of creating archives at the rate we are going.

Profile E-mail