public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dance Art and War Topic Closure
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 10:56 pm 

I know that the topic " Dance Art and War " can easily get out of hand in these tryinng times, but I would say that generally most of the people on this site can thoughtfully discuss the relationship bewtween Art and Politics, even if that means sometimes disagreeing. This is probably one of the few forums where this complicated dynamic can be discussed in an intelligent, thoughtful manner. I do understand both the moderators and administrators concerns, particularily in the context of all of the members backrounds, ages, etc, but if you look at the last few posts, I would say it is reasonable to let it ride for a while longer.
I agree that this is not the forum to post our oppinions on the war, but i think this is one of the best forums to discuss the relationship between Art, politics and and, in effect War.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Dance Art and War Topic Closure
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:51 am 

Thanks for your comments, Matthew. I tend to agree as long as the discussion remains about the effects of war on art and art's reaction to war. However this forum is not the place to discuss the bigger issue of the war. There are other forums for that.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:03 am 

I will add that I did so only because I was uncertain about the final statement about it, and wanted only to keep the board in line with policy, which is, after all, my mandate, n'est-ce pas?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:25 am 

I agree that it was useful to call a time-out to review the position in the "War and Dance" topic. Further, now that we have discussed the issues, I agree that it should be reopened.

Profile E-mail