Dear Dance Lover,
CriticalDance passed an important milestone this week as we recorded our 1,000th registered poster. It's just over two years since we set up the web site and the pace has really quickened over the past 12 months as CriticalDance blossoms into a thriving global community. But don't take our word for it. Here's what others think:
- A leading California dance academic (the Director and Founder of the LEAP Program): "I checked it out and I was very impressed with CriticalDance."
- David Pratt, Marketing Manager of the leading UK festival, Dance Umbrella: "We're delighted with the coverage of Dance Umbrella 2001 on CriticalDance. We're very keen to repeat it next year." http://www.criticaldance.com/danceumbrella/
- On our ground-breaking coverage of San Francisco Ballet in London 2001, the Editor of a leading dance magazine: "...I've seen your SFB spread - it's fabulous"; and an SFB Staff Member: "The company really appreciated the coverage." http://www.criticaldance.com/sfb/
- In major US newspapers: http://www.bostonherald.com/entertainment/arts_culture/danc08312001.htm http://www.sfexaminer.com/style/default.jsp?story=x0218epiph
Some other landmarks:
- Our new french language forum gained 1,500 postings in just 6 months: http://www.criticaldance.com/forum/francais/
- CriticalDance sponsored the pilot Retail Dance Festival in San Francisco, the Diablo Ballet Season Opening Gala and the stopMotion exhibition of 20 years of dance photography by Chris Nash.
- In the past year alone, over 4,000 newspaper links indexed by company, more than twice as many as any other web site that we know of, and a total of over 25,000 postings on themes as varied as Mark Morris, Paris Opera Ballet, bharata natyam, the film "Moulin Rouge," and when to go on pointe. Our dance teaching and students' questions forums now have over 11,000 postings.
- First ever extensive behind the scenes photo-shoot for Matthew Bourne's Adventures in Motion Pictures as they performed "The Car Man" in LA: http://www.criticaldance.com/amp-la2001/
- DanceUK, a leading UK professional organization, republished in their Newsletter our article about a seminar on the Keefer affair: http://www.criticaldance.com/features/bigballetimage.html
To celebrate our 1000th registration, the millennial member, "agone" from Italy, will receive a copy of the new biography of Isadora Duncan by Peter Kurth and so will the following members with more than 100 postings, who were selected at random: "Bree," "Michael Montgomery," "DavidH" and "mom2."
Congratulations to the winners and a big thank you to all our posters who have made this landmark possible. Help us make next year on CriticalDance even better!
The CriticalDance Team
Stuart Sweeney and Azlan Ezaddin Directors
<small>[ 13 September 2004, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: Stuart Sweeney ]</small>