public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:45 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Name change
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 9:40 am 

OK, I've decided to come out of the cyber closet: the old pen name "Ryebred" will now be changed to my own - "BB".<P>Exciting news, eh? Actually used the other because I'd used it on other cyber venues.<P>So, now I can be myself. Thanks - hope this works.

Post subject: Re: Name change
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 9:48 am 

Hello BB - I like your new 'dress'....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 10:35 am 

Maybe I should change to my own too... like Albert... yeah... that's my real name, Albert... Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 3:17 pm 

No! Azlan, say it isn't so - I love your name because it makes me think of my favorite character in C.S. Lewis's book The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 4:03 pm 

CS Lewis' lion was spelled "Aslan." But before I get more people confused (I tend to get tons of email whenever I post something silly), my real name is indeed "Azlan" and not "Albert."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 4:34 pm 

Oh come on Azlan, let me live with my allusions!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 4:57 pm 

Azlan, you could only be an "Azlan." Now way, an Albert. Azlan is, of course, a lion, as Azlan told me once before.<P>Lions are very, very cool. But I hear they smell bad....<P>sorry Azlan. I'm sure you're the type that bathes. And then there's the lion that my late dear friend wrote about named Lafcadio, who wore a suit of marshmallows. Azlan, do you have a suit made of marshmallows?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 5:27 pm 

Maggie, I think you may have eaten too many marshmallows. You're on a sugar high, aren't you?? Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 6:02 pm 

Sigh. I should stop making silly posts. If I don't explain in a post, I get silly email messages. If I explain, I get silly replies here. Lose-lose.<P>No, I don't have a marshmallow suit. I don't even like the stuff or the name. Why is it called marshmallow? And, yes, I bathe (or rather shower) twice a day.<P>Now, is BB a real name?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 9:05 pm 

Azlan, Albert, Aslan -whatever! :-) Take a look at this:<P>Marshmallow (Respiratory) in an herbal form might sound unusual to someone unfamiliar with herbology. But long before the white squishy balls were sitting in supermarket stores, the plant was growing in marshes. The plant is a member of the mallow family, which prefers wet places such as marshes for its habitat -- hence the name. It grows widely around the world and is found in the western U.S. The modern confection has none of the plant in it. But in times past, the boiled roots were used to make marshmallows. Served as a vegetable, the plant was considered a delicacy among the Romans. In France, the young tops and leaves are eaten uncooked in salads. Its high mucilage content makes it an appropriate supplement for the respiratory system. Each capsule contains 450 mg marshmallow. <P>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 9:42 pm 

My real name is Spike and I never bathe.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2001 4:43 am 

Marie, I am absolutely serious! I didn't make any of that up. Lafcadio is a real lion character in a book that wore a marshmallow suit. <P>David, thank you for the enlightening description of true marshmallow. I wouldn't touch that other stuff. Well, maybe roasted over a fire.<P>I noticed "Spike" didn't say whether he ate or wore marshmallows....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2001 4:44 am 

And now we understand the need for the creation of the fragrace line, "Old English"<P><BR><I>I'll be hiding in a hole if anyone needs me.</I>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2001 5:16 am 

We have Marsh Mallow plants right here on the East coast too - but I have never eaten any to date...<P>"Spike" has that certain je ne sais quoi to it...hmm, perhaps "Olde English" bulldog would be the scent... <P>Yes, oh lion hearted one, BB is real.. albeit not on any government issued documents.<P>That lion story sounds familiar...could I have read it?<P>