public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:47 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CriticalDance Regional: Boston
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 12:10 pm 

CriticalDance is not just a web site, but also a community. In certain places, such as San Francisco, CriticalDance members meet face to face. The purpose of the meetings is of course to talk about dance, but also to help further the dance in those communities. Since CriticalDance is such an effective way to help further dance and dance discussion, we use the opportunity to distribute CD postcards as well.

Azlan and I think there is enough critical mass in Boston at this point to develop a face-to-face Boston group. Events could start out as a low-key social and go on to include group outings to the ballet, discussions of what was seen, etc.

A good first step would be a "Nutcracker luncheon" in Harvard Square. December 18 would be good for me. Is anyone up for this? Lacking any other ideas, I would suggest we meet at the "New Asia" restaraunt (address and directions to follow) for dinner. Their food is quality, nutritious, and their atmosphere conducive to disucssion. I'd love to hear others talk, but if no discussion materializes, I can always blather on and on about my company's Nutcracker. So bring your ideas!

But first, we need you Bostonians to come out of the woodwork. I know you're there... Please e-mail me; look in my profile for my e-mail address.

<small>[ 12-06-2002, 13:30: Message edited by: citibob ]</small>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: CriticalDance Regional: Boston
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 12:16 pm 

Great idea citibob - hope it goes well.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 10:19 pm 

CitiBob, this sounds like a great idea. It would be worth it alone to get an insider's view of performing in the Nutcracker.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can make that particular Wednesday, but I certainly hope that others can, and that I will be able to attend meeting #2.

Bill

[P.S.: Bob, we met in the reception area of Ballet Theatre last month. It was late morning, and you were limbering up for a rehearsal. We chatted briefly. I look forward to meeting you again.]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 1:15 am 

This is a wonderful idea! I hope this will inspire others to the same in other cities. Yes, indeed, cd.com members in SF, LA, Seattle, London, often get together for performances and/or just plain get together.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 11:59 am 

A very nice idea! Hopefully next year we can do somehtinng similar in Seattle.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 5:58 pm 
A SPECIAL CONGRATULATIONS TO JOSE MATEO!
According to the newly redone DANCE MAGAZINE Jan 2003,his is one of the 25 newcomers to watch out for ;) !!!
Page 58

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 6:00 pm 
Look out for an article on Mikko Nissinen,and the BOSTON BALLET in the same issue on page 60 too :D :D :D !

<small>[ 12-16-2002, 19:12: Message edited by: angela ]</small>