public forum
home forum magazine gallery links about faq courtesy
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:37 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Red Shoes
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 3:21 am 

I'll be away for a while, am flying to London tomorrow to see my very ill father.<P>At this moment I really don't feel like talking ballet much anyway, and I'm sure we're all shocked and horrified at what happened yesterday.<P>I'll be back at some point soon. Ciao everyone.

Post subject: Re: Red Shoes
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 4:23 am 

Travel safely, Red Shoes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2001 12:15 pm 

Red Shoes - I have only just seen your post. I am thinking about you.<P>My grandmother went into hospital this week but she is beginning to show signs of progress. I hope this is happening for you.<P>Love<P>Joanne

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 11:53 pm 

Hello from England still.<P>Sadly, my father died the day after I got back here. My brother and I were with him, and I had spent the whole day with him in hospital. He was totally lucid, and died in peace. I'm glad I got back in time for him.<P>In a truly horrible week on a world basis, I am handling this personal tragedy as best I can, doing what has to be done. Most of the organising has fallen to me, but in a way it helps, as I am kept occupied. Today is the first day with a bit of let-up.<P>I'll be back sometime next week. Hear you then, OK? Bye now, Jane.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 4:46 am 

Dear Jane:<P>I am very sorry to hear of your father's death. Please know that my thoughts are with you and your family.<P>And safe travels homeward.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 1:13 pm 

My condoleneces too Jane. Make sure you allow time for yourself too.<P>My thoughts are with you.<P>Joanne

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2001 5:33 am 

Red Shoes, if, as an American once said, "all politics are local", well, the same must be even more true for grief. My condolences on the passing of your father. Please take whatever comfort you can in the fact that you had the chance to be with him when he went; he was in the presence of those he loved.<BR>

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2001 6:29 am 

Thank you. Thank you all.<P>I flew home the day after the cremation, and it's just hitting home now: I was too busy organising things in England. <BR>He was a wonderful dad, and yes, it was good to be there with him (and my brother too) at the end. For us, and for him. Painful but good.<P>I don't want to go on too much here, but it was thanks to him that I carried on with ballet. It was him who took me up to the RAD in London every Saturday, and collected me from other lessons during the week, even after a long day at work outside London, first at Holland Park, then at Knightsbridge and also to my other teacher in Woking. He pointed me towards the TTC at the RAD (now The College), and it was him that always showed interest in my ballet and schooling. A ballet dad, rather than the usual ballet mum, in fact. Only he was never pushy.<P>Life, however, goes on. I just wanted to say that little bit about him here. I adored him.